“I have learned you are never too small to make a difference”
The School Council is a group of children who meet regularly with the headteacher to discuss issues within the school. The role of the school council is:
- To empower children to have a voice.
- To improve the school according to the children’s point of view.
- To make sure each class has a platform to voice their opinions.
- To discuss and raise issues.
- To develop a sense of responsibility.
Every new year in September we hold our School Council Elections and each of the classes elect two representatives to become part of the school council. When you are elected you receive a special pin badge with the words school council written on it for you to wear during the school day. This way everyone knows who you are and who represents the student voice.